- Got to work early and had a day full of meetings. Downwood picked me up at 5 and we got stuck in after-work traffic on our way to downtown. About 2/3 of the way there, we had to detour back to a work office so I could reprint the tickets. Still, we made it to dinner with exlibris11235 and her boy only 10 minutes late. We had a lovely dinner at The Great Dane, then trooped through the rain up to The Majestic.
The Post-Modern Jukebox show was FREAKING AMAZING. For serious, YouTube doesn't do them justice. It was super wonderful live music played by real instruments and sung by real voices. By the end, my feet were cramping from the endless standing, but it was worth it. Our favorite singer wasn't along, but it didn't really matter. Worth it.Friday
- Tried to sleep in. Didn't really work out that way, though. Was super tired and hurty from the concert, so most of the day was in a fog. I had a few accomplishments, though. I picked up my car from work, picked up Rx refills, and got my passport picture retaken. I also made Rice Krispy treats. Ox ran from the treats, refusing to even try one nibble. Emi would have eaten the pan if I'd let her. Kids.Saturday
- Got to sleep in and felt a bit more human. Spent some time playing GW2, then spent a bunch of time playing with kids. I bought a new book
for Downwood for Father's Day, but decided to break into it early with the kiddos. We colored more rice for our colored rice bin, then we made slime. We also made a mess, but both kids had a great time playing with the messy goop. Ox continued his tradition of not wanting to eat any potatoes that aren't deep fried, but both kids liked the chicken-fried-fish that I made for dinner. Sunday
- Got to sleep in again. Had a ton of laundry to do, of course. The new rice was dry, so I put it in the bin. Both kids sat on the floor for an hour digging in the rice, pouring it into containers, and finding all the treasures buried in it. We have little shiny rocks, foreign coins, sea shells, beads, and tiny animals that can hide. Adding an extra layer of bright colored rice just makes it a little more fun - more possibilities for digging!
While waiting for the washer to finish, I convinced my sewing machine that, if it knew what was good for it, it wouldn't put up a fight and would let me hem some things. It did. I ran out of bobbin before I could get to my new dress, but I finished up a shirt for each kid (the Brody's Baseball Tee pattern) and hemmed the sleeves for a couple of P4P Deep Sea V-necks for Emi.
I played a bit of GW2, but spent most of my time running around, harvesting materials, and crafting. I finally made my main character an Ascended item! It's a new, shiny longbow. So then I had to go test it out and kill some things. It was good.
Took forever to fall asleep, even with my podcast going. Then I had cracked-out dreams. Not very restful or relaxing.Today
- When I left the house, everyone was still sleeping soundly. This is a little depressing, but understandable. It's raining, so I don't know if Emi will get to have her swimming lesson or not. I had an email from Living Social and bought some train tickets, so that will be our family excursion in July.
I'm already deeply annoyed by some people in my email. I'm also getting un-excited about a werk trip next week (Mon PM-Thurs). It's Staff Meeting day, so productivity will be lessened. Good things
: dance class tonight. Therapy Wednesday (yuk). Potluck with possibility of card games Friday. Father's Day on the weekend.